It doesn’t matter if you’re an artist, musician, writer, or video game enthusiast. You can get paid to do what you love while you wait for your big break. There are millions of talented people all over the world looking for their “big break”, and chances are, you’re one of them.
Have you ever wondered how much money you’re letting slip through your fingers while you’re sitting around waiting to be discovered? The answer is a lot. Unfortunately, a lot of talented people have no idea that they can make money all the way to the top, and the big break is just the icing on the cake.
Right now, I’m going to show you 10 proven ways that you can make money while doing what you love. These methods can be used with almost any passion, hobby, or skill that you can think of. You’re also going to want to bookmark this page so that you can return to it.
Scenario: Let’s pretend that you’re a horse breeder and horse sales have been slow or non existent.
1. Blogging – Yes, blogging about your passion can get you paid. In fact, simply owning your own blog (not a free one) with your own hosting and domain name can set you up for multiple streams of income.
How much do you know about horses? You could write about the type of feed they eat, how to re-shoe a horse, how often they need to be washed, etc. Apply this to your own craft. What can you teach people about what you do that they would be interested in?
- If you love music, you could write about the benefits of using a specific microphone, or write a step by step guide to setting up a home studio.
- If you make films, you could write about lighting, camera angles, or write reviews for different equipment.
- If you make clay sculptures, you could write about the best clay brands or how to make your own clay.
The possibilities are endless. It all depends on what you love to do. Stop here for a moment. I want you to think of 10 things you know about your passion and ask yourself if you could write about those topics. If you can do that, I’m going to show you how you get paid for doing it.
If you don’t already have a blog, you need to get one. Right now, Godaddy is selling websites with hosting for $60.00 per year! If you don’t think you’re passion is worth paying $60.00 per year, then you should give up waiting for your big break and start looking for a job.
Think of your blog as a means to an end. Your goal is to make money doing what you love and slowly building a fan base around your passion will pay off in the end. Imagine if you had 10,000 people that love horses reading your horse blog. How easy would it be to sell your horses to people that are already interested in the subject? These people are called “targeted customers”.
- If you wrote a blog about music, how easy would it be to sell your own CD to 10,000 people that already read and love what you write?
Hopefully you’re starting to get the point. By having your own website, you draw in the very people that you want to sell your stuff to. However, there is a much bigger picture here. You can make money in other ways too.
2. Affiliate Programs – If you own a blog, Amazon will pay you 4% – 8.5% per sale to promote products for them. So a horse breeder writing about horses could link to the following product within their articles:
This particular item costs $58.38 which means that you could earn $4.96 for every bag that gets sold on your site. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but what if 100 people all bought a bag simply because they read your article on horse food? That would add up to $496.00 just for writing one article. But wait there’s more.
Amazon will also pay you for everything in that person’s cart, not just the item that they clicked on. I once had a person buy over $5,000 worth of Canon L Lenses for their camera, from Amazon, after clicking a $10.00 book link on my other website. I earned a 4% commission from that one transaction which netted me around $200.
If you’re a musician that plays guitar, you could write a full review of a guitar that you own. The following guitar is a good example of something you could write about.
That guitar costs $189.99 which would earn you a commission of $16.14 every time someone buys one after they read your article. The higher the price on the item, the more you make. So even if your own personal creations (CDs, books, art, etc.) aren’t selling, you can still make money writing about what you love. The key is to build links into your articles that people will click on and hopefully buy the product at the other end.
As you can see, this isn’t a get rich quick scheme. This is what people are doing every day because people shop on Amazon every day. You will need a fully functioning website before you apply for an Amazon Associates Account.
3. Your Own Products – If you write books, make CDs, or DVDs of any kind, Amazon has a service that will print, package, and ship them with no upfront cost to you. At the end of every month they will send you a royalty check.
Let’s say you have a horse breeding DVD for sale priced at $19.95 and after Amazon gets their cut, you earn a royalty of $7.00. If you sold 100 of those DVDs every month, you’d make $700.00. But what if you used your Amazon Affiliate link to link to your own product on your website? You’d earn an additional $169.57. That would bring your total income for the month up to $869.57 for writing one article.
If you are interested in creating books, CDs, or DVDs to sell, click here. Amazon prints everything on demand, which means you don’t have to order any inventory if you don’t want to, and they guarantee that you’ll never be out of stock.
FYI: If you’re looking at that link, and it applies to what you do, and you haven’t clicked it to sign up, you’re not serious at all about what you do. It’s FREE to get started, so stop procrastinating and setup your free account.
4. Advertising – Once your website is setup, you can get paid by Google for running advertisements on your site. Again, your website has to be fully setup. Their pay scale changes monthly, but they will pay you every time an ad on your site gets clicked and they pay you for every 1,000 visitors that see the ad on your website. Yes, I’m getting paid just because you are reading this article.
If you have a lot of traffic or people that click your banners, you can make a lot of money. Even if you only made $10.00 per day with Google, that is an extra $300 per month that you didn’t have coming in before.
5. Misc. Opportunities – As your website readership starts to grow, eventually you’ll start to be seen as an expert. That gives you the opportunity to branch out and make money by doing some of the following:
- Monthly Membership Program
- Hosting Webinars
- Online Courses
- Public Speaking/Performing
When you start to look past your ultimate goal of being discovered, your eyes open to an entire world of other money making opportunities. Before I close this out, let me address anyone that might be thinking that making $496.00 a month isn’t worth the time.
- If you make $10.00 an hour, you have to work 49.6 hours to make that much money. In addition to that, if you want to make it again, you have to spend another 49.6 hours to do it.
- Writing an article takes 1-3 hours, to make that same $496.00. That’s the equivalent to getting paid $165.33 an hour. If that same article brought in that much money every month, you’d make $5,952 per year, which breaks down into $1,984 per hour for the one time 3 hour investment it took to write it.
The examples I’ve given you here are based on writing just one article, but imagine what you could accomplish with an entire website full of articles that all generated income. In fact, let’s go even smaller. What if you only made $10.00 per month per article, but you had 60 articles on your site? That would add up to $600.00 per month that you don’t have to work for. What if you had 100 articles, 1,000 articles, or 5,000 articles?
Your income will vary based on what your passion is, so I can’t make any specific guarantees. Some people will make more and some people will make less, but once your articles are on your website, they will hopefully earn money for you forever.
A Real Life Example
1. Believe it or not, this article is a real life example of everything I’ve been saying. You can see the two Google ads toward the top of this article and the one on the right hand side. I get paid every time someone clicks and ad and for every 1,000 people that read this article.
2. The Godaddy link that I provided pays me 40% of whatever someone spends to set up their own website. If they spend the minimum of $60.00 for the full year, I make $24.00 for every person that buys something. If 100 people use that link in a month, I’ll make an extra $2,400.00. If you think 100 people is a lot, it’s not. In fact, its only 3.3 people per day. I’m also not doing anything but letting this article sit here and hopefully make money for me forever.
Even if only 1 person per day used that link to set up an account, that would add up to an extra $720 for the month. Can you teach 1 person per day about your passion and get them to take action? Of course you can.
3. The horse food and guitar links are also my affiliate links, which means I get paid if anyone that clicks them shops on Amazon, even if they don’t buy either of those items. I don’t teach about horses, but you can literally link to anything that Amazon sells on their site.
If you look at this article again, you can see how I turned certain words and phrases into links. That is usually the most effective way of getting people to click them. You can do it to with the articles you write.
4. The link I provided to Amazon’s printing, packaging, and shipping service pays me $8.00 for every free signup that I send their way. Even if you never create anything, I get paid just because you signed up for an account. If I get just 5 people per day to sign up for a free account that let’s them print, package, and sell their items without spending any cash, I would make $40.00 per day or $1,200 per month. How hard do you think it is to get people to sign up for free stuff that benefits them financially? Not hard at all.
The key here is to TAKE ACTION! Too many people sit around talking about it all day. Don’t just talk about it, be about it. Walk the walk.
I can show you a lot more about making money online, but I need your email address to tell you when I post new articles for you to read. Put your email in the box below and then click the confirmation link that you receive.
Thanks for reading. I hope that you have been inspired enough to stop sitting around, take action, and start getting paid to do what you love.
Do You Know How To Make Money Online?
Don't Miss Out On Unlimited Free Updates